Size: outside 34x42x48 cm; inside: 26x22x36 cm
Cable length mains cable: 1.35m
Cable length plug cigarette lighter: 1.85 m
This ant incubator is very suitable for growing ant colonies from tropical regions.
It has a temperature controller with digital display and 2 storage places. The temperature can be set and changed as desired. The device can both cool (to approx. 18-25°C below the ambient temperature) and heat (up to approx. 60°C). The adjustable temperature range is approx. 5°C-60°C. Can therefore also be used for overwintering native ants.
As an option, the Ant incubator can be used not only on the mains but also during transport via a cigarette lighter in the car (12 V DC).
Often you are faced with the question of how to store ants for hibernation uncomplicated at the right temperature. The fridge is too full anyway, on the balcony it can get too cold for the animals and in the cellar it is also cramped, or you do not have enough control.
Here is the solution: Either you can let the animals overwinter in the incubator with our nest tube racks in test tubes, in this case even up to 100 colonies at the same time, or together with the whole ANTCUBE Formicarium. For example, our ANTCUBE Arena Combi, fits completely inside. But also a starter set with arena 20x20x10 and 2 nests 20×20 would have enough space.
Also storage & transport with the car, for example during a swarm flight, relocation or a transport of the particularly sensitive leafcutter ants are realizable thereby.
The practical racks for test tubes (nest tubes) are available in three different sizes. Here is our recommendation:
The space in the incubator is suitable for:
Up to 24x cricket test tubes/ or 24x the collection box transparent 115x115x55
For ants in nest tubes we recommend the nest tube racks for storage
Fit into the interior:
– Nesting tube rack for 16mm tubes = 12 racks or 120 nest tubes with 16mm diameter
– Nesting tube rack for 18mm tubes = 12 racks or 120 nesting tubes with 18mm diameter
– Nesting tube rack for 25mm tubes = 9 racks 54 nesting tubes with 25mm diameter
– Do not place in direct sunlight or near a heat source, as external temperature fluctuations will affect the internal temperature
– Set up in a dry place with a temperature that is as constant as possible.
– Fans must be able to rotate freely
– the air surfaces must remain free
– Check regularly for damage -> if there is any damage, stop operation immediately