The tower-style liquid feeder features a slim round design with a bottom dish; the liquid is fed through an elevated plastic screen and accessed by six entrances. Although it is very similar to the metal mesh design, a fixed screen makes it easier not to lose or damage such. In addition, the pores on the screen are more significant than the metal mesh favouring thicker fluids as well.
Fill the jar to the top, then twist the cap in; turn the glass jar upside down; it won’t spill.
- Standard thread makes it easy to use and fits other readily available glass jars.
- One feeder lid fits all three standard glass jar sizes we offer.
- Liquid access is located on the ceiling, making it hard for ants to place debris on it.
- The liquid is supplied through a permanent plastic screen; this mesh has delicate pores that deliver fluids and prevent spills.
- It features a built-in dish on its bottom to keep small spills contained; if fermentation (gassing) or heat expansion occurs, the liquid will slowly drop, sliding on the inside walls, getting collected rather than spilling out. So you have enough time to notice and remove the feeder before a bigger mess occurs.
- Made with PLA pro plastic, rinse under tap water with gentle soap.
*** The 5 mL (small) option fits inside our mini glass outworld. We suggest the “Nano tower feeder” if you need an even smaller option.
*** We recommend installing the lid on the jar and turning it into position only when the liquid supplied is at/or above room temperature; cold temperatures cause gas expansion as they reach room temperature, possibly causing a small leak onto the bottom dish.
Small; 40 mm
Medium; 60 mm
Large; 75 mm
Cap diameter: 22.5 mm
Cap only height: 19 mm
Small; 9 grams
Medium; 13 grams
Large; 16 grams
Material: Glass jar, stainless steel metal mesh and PLA Pro plastic
Wash with soapy cold/warm water. Rinse thoroughly.
Not dishwasher safe.
Do not over-tighten the glass bottle onto the feeding lid, this is not necessary.