Author: Martin Sebesta
This booklet gives all the information you need to enter the fantastic world of keeping ants. It is easy to read and it has no complicated terms.
The following areas are covered:
– The easiest species to keep
– How to look after your ants
– Keeping exotic species
– Types of ant habitats
– Which type habitat is the right one for me
– Setting up your formicarium
– Formicarium buliding materials
– Ventilation of a formicarium
– Making your habitat escape proof
– Decorating your formicarium
– Transfering your ants to your habitat
– Relocating your ants
– Keeping multiple species in the same habitat, is it possible?
– What can I do wrong
– Going on holiday
– What can I do if my ants escape?
– Protection and prevention against mould and mites
– Ant anatomy and development phases
Image copyright alpha-ants 2011