Starter Kit Gypsum
Our Starter Kit with gypsum nest inset is designed for ant species that live in or between stones. In addition, gypsum nests are also suitable for species that live in earth nests.
Starter Kit Gypsum Includes:
- 1x ANTCUBE – Arena 20x20x10 – flat
- 1x ant arena frame 20×20
- 1x ant arena cover 20×20
- 1x ANTCUBE – ant farm – L – 20×20 – standing
- 1x ANTCUBE – plaster nest 20×20 – standing
- 1x 0.5m hose, transparent 14/10 mm
- 1x ANTCUBE – red foil 20×20 – self-adhesive
- 1x substrate – sand-loam white – 1000g
- 1x grid insert – 50mm – stainless steel
- 1x Formicarium plug for 50mm hole
- 1x Formicarium plug for 27mm hole
- 1x mesh cap – 16mm – stainless steel
- 1x pool connector for hole 27 and hose 10-16 mm – M25
- 1x Formicarium nut M25 – gray
- 1x potion 2ml – 360 degrees
- 1x feed dispenser 2ml – can be dosed
- 1x mini thermo-hygrometer analog – display – hanging
- 1x Ant breakout protection oil 10ml
- 1x tweezers spring steel – wide – soft
- 1x tweezers plastic transparent
- 1x plastic pipette 3ml
- 1x hand magnifier – 2-fold – 30mm
- 1x Food Mix Set – standard + sponge
- 1x foam wiper 150x18x2.5mm
This plaster of paris starter set, with prefabricated corridors and chambers, is suitable for various species of ants, in particular also for species digging their nests.
The “ANTCUBE – plaster nest” can be used as supplied,in the glass farm. Alternatively, however, the “substrate – sand-clay white” can be used to fill the farm or to close some of the chambers of the gypsum nest.
If necessary, additional modules can be connected via the 50mm holes in the cover, e.g. the separately available foggers, fans or lighting. Alternatively, suitable mesh inserts and formicaria stoppers for closing are included in starter set.
Depending on your preference, the formicarium can also be operated openly by simply putting on the removable frame and applying the ant outbreak protection oil to the edge. The “Drinker 2ml – 360 degrees” is intended for water, the “Feeder 2ml – can be dosed” for the carbohydrate and protein powder. The “mini thermo-hygrometer analog – display – hanging” can be attached to the frame or the cover and shows the climate values.
Connecting the set to other products
This set uses LARGE connectors (16mm) and can be connected using 16/10mm tubing to any other LARGE items in the ANTCUBE range.
Notes on manufacturing
The glass is cut to DIN 1249 with a tolerance of +/- 1mm. In the case of extremely small species of ants, additional protection against outbreak is essential.
Notes on the farm
When attaching or removing hoses if the hose fits very tightly on the connection socket, the socket should be lightly rubbed with a drop of our breakout protection oil or powder. The hose should then be pushed onto the socket using a turning or screwing movements without loading the socket with up and down movements. The same applies when removing the hoses from the connection socket on the farm. Please don’t just pull it off!