Starter Kit – 20×20 – Digfix
Our Starter Kits with Digfix nest inset are suited for ant species from any Habitat that like to dig a lot. Digfix is very versatile and can be used in all Formicariums, no matter how wet or dry. Digfix also has the advantage that digging ant species do not dirt the panes of their nest area when digging, which offers a clear view of the nest at any time.
Starter Kit – 20×20 – Digfix Includes:
- 1x ANTCUBE – Arena 20x20x10 – flat
- 1x ant arena frame 20×20
- 1x ant arena cover 20×20
- 1x ANTCUBE – ant farm – 20×20 – standing in size S, M or L
- 1x ANTCUBE – Digfix plate 20×20 – in size S, M or L
- 1x 0.5m hose, transparent 10/06mm or 14/10mm
- 1x ANTCUBE – red foil 20×20 – self-adhesive
- 1x soil – sand-loam beige – 200g
- 2x formicarium plugs for 50mm hole
- 1x formicarium plug for 27mm hole
- 1x formicarium cap for 6mm/10mm or 16mm socket
- 1x basin connector for hole 27 and hose 10-16 mm – M25
- 1x Formicarium nut M25 – gray
- 1x drinker 2ml – 360 degrees
- 1x feed dispenser 2ml – can be dosed
- 1x mini thermo-hygrometer analog – display – hanging
- 1x Ant breakout protection oil 10ml
- 1x tweezers spring steel – wide – soft
- 1x tweezers plastic transparent
- 1x plastic pipette 3ml
- 1x hand magnifier – 2-fold – 30mm
- 1x Food Mix Set – standard + sponge
- 1x foam wiper 150x18x2.5mm
The Digfix starter kit is suitable for various species of ants, especially those that nest in sand and in (dead) wood. It can be kept both dry and slightly damp.The “ANTCUBE – Digfix plate” can be used in the fully transparent farm. The ants dig their tunnels and chambers into the material itself. If necessary, additional modules can be connected via the 50mm holes in the cover, e.g. the separately available foggers, fans or lighting.Alternatively, suitable formicarium stoppers for closing are included in the scope of delivery. Depending on your preference, the formicarium can also be operated openly by simply putting on the removable frame and applying the ant breakout protection oil to its edge. The “drinker 2ml – 360 degrees” is intended for water, the “feed dispenser 2ml – can be dosed” for the feed powder. The “mini thermo-hygrometer analog – display – hanging” can be attached to the frame or the cover and shows the climate values.Note: The nest can be used in the dry and wet formicarium. If the nest is kept permanently moist (too wet), leftover food can lead to mold growth.
S, M or L Which do I choose?
S, M and L refer to the connectors and glass plate distance rather than the external dimentions which are all 20cm x 20cm.
S = 6mm connectors for small ant species such as. Myrmica sp. Uses 10/06mm tubing.
M = 10mm connectors for medium ant species such as Lasius sp. and Formica sp. Uses 14/10mm and 10/06mm tubing
L = 20mm connectors for large ant species such as Camponotus sp. or with a nest insert for smaller ant species. Uses 14/10mm and 20/16mm tubing.
Notes on manufacturing
The glass is cut to DIN 1249 with a tolerance of +/- 1mm. In the case of extremely small species of ants, additional protection against outbreak is essential.
Notes on the farm
When attaching or removing hoses if the hose fits very tightly on the connection socket, the socket should be lightly rubbed with a drop of our breakout protection oil or powder. The hose should then be pushed onto the socket using a turning or screwing movements without loading the socket with up and down movements. The same applies when removing the hoses from the connection socket on the farm. Please don’t just pull it off!
PDF Instruction Manual
Download the PDF instruction manual for Starter Kit Digfix online here, or view the pages above.