Starter Kit for Leaf Cutter Ants (Small)
Our Leaf Cutter Ant Starter Kit is specially designed to suit the needs of Leaf Cutter ant species.
Starter Kit for Leaf Cutter Ants (Small) Includes:
- 3x ANTCUBE arena 20x20x20cm
- 3x ant arena frame 20x20cm
- 3x ant arena cover 20x20cm
- 12x fixing point for arena cover
- 1x acrylic glass XT tube – 32 / 28mm – 1m (halved)
- 1x substrate – rainforest – 1 kg
- 1x formicarium granulate 200ml – beige
- 4x formicarium plugs for 50mm holes
- 2x Formicarium stoppers for 27mm hole
- 2x grid insert – 50mm – stainless steel
- 4x Formicarium pipe connector 3/4 “to 32mm – straight – gray
- 4x Formicarium nut 3/4 inch – gray
- 1x clear drinker 20ml – sponge
- 1x mini thermo-hygrometer analog – display – standing
- 1x tweezers spring steel – wide – soft
- 1x formicarium tweezers – plastic
- 1x hand magnifier -2-fold – 30mm
- 1x ant breakout protection oil 10ml
- 1x foam wiper 150x18x2.5mm
- 1x spray bottle sprayer 0.5 liter – brass nozzle
- 1x rose petals 100g – dried
- 3x photo back wall – rainforest – 20×20
This expandable Leaf Cutter Ant starter set, suitable for all leaf cutter ant species, contains the optimally adapted formicarium as well as the right accessories for keeping these ants. The basins allow comfortable handling when supplying and cleaning. The ants can not only be observed well through the large tubes (27 mm), but they also enable the ants to transport large pieces of leaf away.
Important: Please moisten the substrate before use so that the mixture can combine and develop a firm hold in the ant farm. In addition, too dry and dusty ground can lead to the ants’ airways being blocked and, in the worst case, the animals asphyxiating.
The stainless steel mesh inserts ensure good ventilation and are robust against escape attempts. Even large colonies of very eager leaf cutter ants are unable to penetrate them. The sturdy pipe connectors are also absolutely firm to the bite. The thermometer and hygrometer inside the system allows for easy control of the climate values. If necessary, the humidity can be increased with the spray bottle.
Connecting the set to other products
This set uses XL connectors (27mm)
Notes on manufacturing
The glass is cut to DIN 1249 with a tolerance of +/- 1mm. In the case of extremely small species of ants, additional protection against outbreak is essential.
Notes on the farm
When attaching or removing hoses if the hose fits very tightly on the connection socket, the socket should be lightly rubbed with a drop of our breakout protection oil or powder. The hose should then be pushed onto the socket using a turning or screwing movements without loading the socket with up and down movements. The same applies when removing the hoses from the connection socket on the farm. Please don’t just pull it off!
PDF Instruction Manual
Download the PDF instruction manual for Starter Kit for Leaf Cutting Ants online here, or view the pages above.