Starter Kit for Messor Ants
Our Starter Kit Messor is especially designed to suit the needs of all Messor ant species. The second included ant farm is used to store their collected grains
Starter Kit Messor Includes:
- 1 x ANTCUBE™ – Arena 20x20x10 – flat
- 1 x ant arena frame 20×20
- 1 x ant arena cover 20×20 + fixing corners
- 2 x ANTCUBE™ – ant farm – M – 20×20 – standing
- 2 x ANTCUBE™ – Popcorn insert 20×20 – M
- 1 x 1m hose transparent 14/16 mm
- 2 x ANTCUBE™ – red foil 20×20 – self-adhesive
- 1 x Soil – desert – 1 kg
- 2 x Grid insert – 50mm – stainless steel
- 1 x Grid insert – 27mm – stainless steel
- 1 x Mesh cap – 10mm – stainless steel
- 1 x Basin connector for hole M25
- 1 x Feed dispenser 2ml – can be dosed
- 1 x Drinker 2ml – 360 degrees
- 1 x Bowl clear 1×20 – sponge
- 1 x Mini thermo-hygrometer analog – display – hanging
- 1 x Ant breakout protection oil 10ml
- 1 x Tweezers spring steel – wide – soft
- 1 x Tweezers plastic transparent
- 1 x Plastic pipette 3ml
- 1 x Hand magnifier – 2-fold – 30mm
- 1 x Food Mix Set – for grain collectors
- 1 x Foam wiper 150 x 18 x 2.5mm
- 1 x Photo back wall – desert – 20×10
This starter set is especially suitable for various species of the genus Messor.One of the two farms is intended for the storage of the ant bread and should therefore remain completely dry in order to prevent the grains / seeds stored there from germinating or mold.
The “Digfix panels” can be used in the fully transparent farms.Alternatively, however, the “substrate – desert” can be used to fill the farms.The natural colour of the DigFix can vary between green / grey brown and earth brown. The colour does not affect the quality.
Connecting the set to other products
This set uses MEDIUM connectors (10mm) and can be connected using 14/10mm tubing to any other MEDIUM items in the ANTCUBE range.
Notes on manufacturing
The glass is cut to DIN 1249 with a tolerance of +/- 1mm. In the case of extremely small species of ants, additional protection against outbreak is essential.
Notes on the farm
When attaching or removing hoses if the hose fits very tightly on the connection socket, the socket should be lightly rubbed with a drop of our breakout protection oil or powder. The hose should then be pushed onto the socket using a turning or screwing movements without loading the socket with up and down movements. The same applies when removing the hoses from the connection socket on the farm. Please don’t just pull it off!
PDF Instruction Manual
Download the PDF instruction manual for Starter Kit for Messor Ants online here, or view the pages above.