Starter Kit M – 20×20 – Meadow
The Starter Kit Meadow is designed for ant species that live in meadows, fields or simply in temperate climate.
Starter Kit M – 20×20 – Meadow Includes:
- 1x ANTCUBE – arena 20x20x10 – flat
- 1x Ant arena frame 20×20
- 1x Ant arena covering 20×20
- 1x ANTCUBE – antfarm – M – 20×20 – detached
- 1x 0,5m flexible tube transparent 14/10 mm
- 1x ANTCUBE – Red screen 20×20 – self-adhesive
- 1x Soil – meadow- 1 Kg
- 1x Formicarium granulate 200ml – beige
- 2x Formicarium plug for 50mm bore
- 1x Formicarium plug for 27mm bore
- 1x Formicarium cap – 10mm – connector
- 1x Basin connector hole 27 and hose 10-16 mm – M25
- 1x Formicarium nut M25 – grey
- 1x drinking trough 2ml – 360 degrees
- 1x feed dispenser 2ml – dosing
- 1x Mini thermo- hygrometer analogue – Display – suspended
- 1x ant escape protection oil 10ml
- 1x tweezer spring steel – wide – soft
- 1x plastic tweezers transparent
- 1x plastic pipette 3ml
- 1x Hand magnifier 2fold – 30mm
- 1x Food Mix Set – standard
- 1x foam wiper 150x18x2.5mm
- 1x Photo Background – meadow – 20×10
In the fully transparent farm, the “soil – meadow” is used to fill the farm.
If necessary, additional modules can be connected via the 50mm holes in the cover, e.g. the separately available foggers, fans or lighting.
Alternatively, suitable mesh inserts and plugs for closing are included in the scope of delivery.
Depending on your preference, the formicarium can also be operated openly by simply putting on the removable frame and applying the ant outbreak protection oil to the bottom edges.
The “Drinker 2ml – 360 degrees” is intended for water, the “Feeder 2ml – can be dosed” for the carbohydrate and protein powder.
The “mini thermo-hygrometer analog – display – hanging” can be attached to the frame or the cover and shows the climate conditions.
Connecting the set to other products
This set uses MEDIUM connectors (10mm) and can be connected using 14/10mm tubing to any other MEDIUM items in the ANTCUBE range.
Notes on manufacturing
The glass is cut to DIN 1249 with a tolerance of +/- 1mm. In the case of extremely small species of ants, additional protection against outbreak is essential.
Notes on the farm
When attaching or removing hoses if the hose fits very tightly on the connection socket, the socket should be lightly rubbed with a drop of our breakout protection oil or powder. The hose should then be pushed onto the socket using a turning or screwing movements without loading the socket with up and down movements. The same applies when removing the hoses from the connection socket on the farm. Please don’t just pull it off!
PDF Instruction Manual
Download the PDF instruction manual for Starter Kit Habitat online here, or view the pages above.